Blue Wire Media
Web Marketing That Works
by Toy Jenkins
18 Dec 2014
“A group of people can come up with a better decision
than any individual.” ~ Mark Carnegie
- Mark is the owner of MH Carnegie & Co., a venture capital, private equity, and corporate advisory firm in Australia.
- How Mark moved from zoology and law to investment banking and the advice that guided that path.
- The importance of reading and how being a misanthrope (someone who dislikes humanity – his own words!) can be useful.
- His marketing philosophy that was inspired by Australia’s best known advertising man – John Singleton
- Marketing is getting people in a tent and sell them something but first, entertain them.
- Why he actively focussed on building a community around his business
- Why you need to make it enjoyable and engage people.
- Why you must become your own public relations firm.
- “Fail fast, fail small and try again.”
- The 3 criteria to look for in an investment
- The 3 things you need to become a successful investor
- What he keeps pinned to his wall to prevent him forgetting about his failures.
- Group intelligence is better than individual intelligence.